We recognise that your privacy is important. We value your trust and confidence and are firmly committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and visitors to our website. We are equally committed to protecting the privacy of the information that we gather.
This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, describes our privacy practices. Below you can find detailed information on when and why we process personal information.
The following documents describe our privacy practices. Below you can find detailed information on when and why we process personal information necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests and conduct of your claims, how we use it and the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others. The personal information that we collect so that we can provide you with our legal services is processed under legitimate interest and where necessary consent. All direct marketing communications will require your consent.
1. Personal information collected by Us
The information collected and processed may include:
- Any information you give us throughout the conduct of any claim or query with us;
- Any personal details you enter and submit on our website and social media accounts such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Any personal information we receive from any third party which information we may obtain during the conduct of a case.
- Your IP address, referrer, web pages that you visit and any other data stored in website logs.
- Session information stored in cookies that are used to ensure accurate data is extracted from our systems. These cookies do not include any personal data.
- Under no circumstances will we hold credit card details, expiry date and security codes in our database.
2. How we handle the collected client information
Any information we collect will be used in accordance with applicable laws for the following purposes:
- To comply with legal requirements such as the General Data Protection Regulation.
- We can send you information about our products and services. In such a case, you will be offered the option to opt in and/or out.
- We may use personal information to provide our service.
- We may use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve our technologies and services.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- When you send email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- All your data you hold with us is backed up at separate physical premises with technical and organisational measures equal to the premises where the original data is held. This is to ensure that your data is not lost or destroyed should the original be destroyed without your instructions.
Except as described herein, we do NOT disclose your information to nor share your information with third parties.
3. General Data Protection Regulation
We will do our utmost to ensure that its registration requirements pursuant to GDPR, (including any statutory modification or re-enactment of General Data Protection Regulation) are fully complied with at all times. As is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests, we will use your data (Data) in the progression of your matter and will act as a “data controller” (for the purposes of GDPR) of your data. Specifically we will use your data for to progress your claim (including through Court, Counsel, Arbitrators, National Enforcement Bodies and Solicitor Agents), and any other search or process in the progression of your matter.
We comply at all times with our obligations under GDPR, including but not limited to, taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to personal or special personal data. When considering what measures are appropriate, we shall have regard to the state of good practice, technical development and the cost of implementing any measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the harm that might result from such unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction, and to the nature of the data to be protected.
We will do our utmost to store your data within a Member State of the European Union. However some of your data may be transmitted to a country not providing adequate protection within the meaning of Directive 95/46/EC. If data does leave the EU, we will do our utmost to ensure equivalent levels of protection and security for your data. Example of when and how data under our control may travel outside of the EU is if your data is stored within Amazon Web Service hosted environment.
You have the right to access any information we hold about you in a common machine readable format free of charge, unless your request is excessive or repetitive. We will process your request without undue delay.
4. Individuals Rights
We endorse and make a concerted effort to comply with the rights of subjects as identified in GDPR, including:
- 4.1 the right to be informed;
- 4.2 the right of access;
- 4.3 the right to rectification
- 4.4 the right to erasure
- 4.5 the right to restrict processing
- 4.6 the right to data portability
- 4.7 the right to object
- 4.8 rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Individuals wishing to invoke any of their above rights should contact email@example.com. We will make sure they comply with your request with the relevant time period allowed by law, whilst not contravening any other Regulatory body under which they operate.
We maintain a strict “no-spam” policy. Your email address will not be sold to a third party.
Because some communication with our clients is necessary to adequately provide our services, clients cannot opt-out of receiving administrative emails related to their matters.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data. Our security measures include:
- Access Controls
- Online Security
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
When we receive formal written complaints posted using our contact page, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between us and an individual.
6. Web Analytics Service
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses a specific form of “cookie,” i.e. text file, which is stored on your computer and enables an analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of this website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. We would like to point out that Google Analytics has been expanded on this website to include the code “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure the anonymized recording of IP addresses (so-called IP masking). Due to the IP anonymization on this website, your IP address is shortened by Google within the territory of the EU and the Treaty States of the European Economic Community.
By marking the checkbox below you may turn off the cookies, used by this website for the following:
The cookies used by this website are following:
- zap – used to control showing and hiding of the compensation form
- pload –used to control the showing of preloader at initial website visit
- nonpersonaltrack – turn off/on the collection of personalized statistical data by Google Analytics
7. Policy Modifications
8. Contacting us about Privacy
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the information we have collected from you online, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact us by using our online contact form.